You are here
The Center for Geographic Analysis (CGA)'s core mission is to support research and teaching in all disciplines across Harvard University with emerging geospatial technologies.
Working with entities across Harvard, the CGA strengthens university-wide geographic information systems (GIS) infrastructure and services; provides a common platform for the integration of spatial data from diverse sources and knowledge from multiple disciplines; enables scholarly research that would use, improve or study geospatial analysis techniques; and improves the ability to teach GIS and spatial analysis at all levels across the university
Combining consultation services, technical training and platform development, the Center enables a diverse range of research projects involving geospatial analysis. GIS solutions offerred range from general cartography and mapping, geographic data collection, processing and analysis, to spatial visualizations, webmaps, and web services. The CGA also actively promotes geographic reasoning and the use of GIS in the Harvard curriculum.
Come to CGA for:
- access to hardware, software and data
- training programs and technical workshops
- individual research project consulting
- curriculum support for Harvard courses
- monthly seminars and colloquia, and an annual conference on GIS topics
- tools for GIS applications and platforms for online collaborative research