You are here
Fisher Prize Award Competition, 2017
The 2017 Fisher Prize for excellence in GIS will be given to one graduate and one undergraduate student who must be enrolled in the academic year 2016-2017 and in good standing to be considered for the award. Group projects are allowed - just submit as one entry. The Prize is a cash award of $500 each given to the top undergraduate and graduate entries.
The deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, April 24, 2017.
To be considered for the Fisher Prize, students must adhere to these guidelines below, otherwise submissions will not be accepted:
- Poster submissions, 42” x 36” in size
- PDF format
- No more than 350 words of descriptive text (map legends, labels, title, citations, and captions do not count toward this word total).
- Must be present from Noon – 1:00 (the poster session) during the 2017 CGA Conference poster exhibit on Friday, April 28, 2017.
Pre-Register & Submit Your File
- To submit an entry for the Fisher Prize, students must fill out and submit the registration form on this page by clicking the Register Button above.
- When your poster is ready, upload the PDF to the CGA FTP Server using the upload instructions which require your HUID login.
- Files submitted will be printed and mounted on poster board for the poster exhibit and competition.
Submissions will be judged based on the following five criteria:
- Innovation and creativity of chosen topic
- Use of GIS in performing the project
- Data – complexity, relevance to topic, properly documented
- Analytical approach and execution
- Visualization / cartographic communication effectiveness
For questions or comments about the prize, please contact: Stephen Ervin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For technical issues about this web site and/or file submission, please contact Jeff Blossom at email@example.com.