You are here
GIS Help Desk
The CGA offers free GIS helpdesk up to 4 hours per project to anyone has a valid HUID. Additional work has a flat fee of $85/hr for Harvard affiliates. If you have funding and would like us to perform the requested mapping or analysis and deliever the results, please see the details from the project consulation page.
Please contact us to set up an appointment during Helpdesk office hours below or at another time.
Office hours every Tuesday, 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm, at both Cambridge and Longwood Campus. Only every 3rd Wednesday of each month at Harvard Business School.
Contact us via email with your questions, any time.
- Cambridge Campus
Room K00A (basement level lobby office)
1737 Cambridge Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
- Longwood Campus
Micro Lab, Lower Level (Room LL19 - last computer on the right corner)
677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
- Harvard Business School (only on the 3rd Wednesday of each month)
Baker Library, Room 130
3 Soldiers Field Road, Boston, MA
We can help you...
- Organize Data
- Convert data from different formats
- Work with data in different projections
- Link spatial data totabular data
- Merge or disaggregate spatial datasets
- Create or Edit Data
- Add and edit points, lines or polygons
- Edit table attributes
- Create and calculate new fields
- Geocode addresses or street intersections
- Analyze Spatial Data
- Use overlay or proximity analysis tools
- Perform geostatistical analysis
- Perform network analysis
- Process imagery or raster data
- Present Data
- Set symbology and display parameters
- Create effective maps
- Render surface or 3D data
- Printing and plotting
- ... and much more. Just ask!