You are here
GIS Help Desk
The CGA offers free GIS helpdesk for 30 minute to 1 hour consultations to those with a valid HUID. Additional work on GIS projects can be defined with a Project Specification, and will be charged at the rate of $85/hr for Harvard affiliates. If you have funding and would like us to perform the requested mapping or analysis for you and deliever the results, please see the details on our project consulation page.
Please contact us to set up an appointment during Helpdesk office hours below or at another time.
Office hours every Tuesday, 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm. During the summer break by appointment only.
- Cambridge Campus
Room K00A (basement level lobby office)
1737 Cambridge Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Note: Due to CGA staff reductions, the GIS helpdesks at Longwood and HBS are closed starting mid-May 2018.
We can help you...
- Organize Data
- Convert data from different formats
- Work with data in different projections
- Link spatial data totabular data
- Merge or disaggregate spatial datasets
- Create or Edit Data
- Add and edit points, lines or polygons
- Edit table attributes
- Create and calculate new fields
- Geocode addresses or street intersections
- Analyze Spatial Data
- Use overlay or proximity analysis tools
- Perform geostatistical analysis
- Perform network analysis
- Process imagery or raster data
- Present Data
- Set symbology and display parameters
- Create effective maps
- Render surface or 3D data
- Printing and plotting
- ... and much more. Just ask!