You are here
GIS for the Humanities and Social Sciences 2017
December 8, 2017 - 9:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Room B129, the Northwest Building, 52 Oxford Street, Cambridge MA.
- Registration deadline:
Tuesday, 12/05/17 @ 1:00 PM.
- $25 Registration fee deadline:
Friday, 12/08/17 @ 9:30 AM.
- Workshop date:
Friday, 12/08/17 @ 9:30AM
How to Apply:
- For Harvard Affiliates, please submit your application by clicking the "REGISTER" button (HUID login required).
- For Non-Harvard applicants, please submit your application by clicking the "NON-HARVARD REGISTER" button.
Recommended for each participant:
- Your laptop. We'll be in a computer lab, so this is not essential as students can use the lab machines. But installing and using the GIS software on your own laptop is a good accelerant to using and learning GIS.
- If you have a laptop: Download and install GoogleEarthPro, and QGIS, (both free)
- Create a login on the Worldmap site (http://worldmap.harvard.edu)
- Bring any data or documents you want to map or work with. Time permitting, the instructors will look at your data and offer suggestions.