Position Type: Part-time, Temporary
Period of Work: Ability to start ASAP preferred. Key deliverable to finish by end-Oct with potential opportunity for continued involvement.
Remuneration: GBP68/day (or ~USD94/day), hourly basis is also possible
Research Assistant sought to support a study on the impact of infrastructure improvement on quality of life in Zambia, funded through the International Growth Centre at the London School of Economics. The Lead Principal Investigator is based at the Harvard Kennedy School where is also leading innovative spatial economics research on other parts of the world.
The RA will play a critical role in editing GIS datasets in order to integrate road condition survey data from a Zambian government agency with a digitized country-wide road network that had been developed during earlier phase of the project. The work requires a high-level of detail orientation and self-driven initiative to produce work to a high level of quality and accuracy within agreed timeframes. The RA will work predominantly under the guidance of the Lead PI to perform detailed editing using ArcGIS/QGIS as the key deliverable for this job posting.
Given interest and fit, there may be opportunity to explore further involvement in the project after delivery of the key output.
- Prior experience with editing GIS datasets using ArcGIS/QGIS is highly desired
- Demonstrated interest and experience in research and working with large datasets
- Highly detail-oriented
- Takes pride in delivering work at a high level of quality and accuracy
- Works well independently to achieve quality outputs within agreed timeframes
- Communicates proactively and effectively in a team setting
- Student or graduate in Geographic Information System, Computer Science, Economics or other discipline(s) with a strong quantitative component
- Able to work well remotely
There will be opportunity to arrange a viable work schedule that accommodates studies and other commitments at the start of the project with the view of completing the deliverable by the end of October.
We are looking for candidates who can start ASAP. Please send a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22nd, 2021, though applications will be reviewed and considered on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are welcome to get in touch with any questions.