Role: Research Assistant
Number of Positions: 2
Position Type: Part-time, Temporary
Period of Work: Flexible from now to the end of August.
Remuneration: GBP68/day or ~USD94/day over 21 days, hourly basis is also possible
Research Assistants sought to support a study on the impact of infrastructure improvement on quality of life in Zambia, funded through the International Growth Centre at the London School of Economics.
The role offers an opportunity to work closely with lead researchers and to build experience and skills in working with spatial or GIS datasets, using tools such as ArcGIS/QGIS. Namely, RAs will play a critical role in preparing the core road network dataset for machine learning and assist in comparing model-predicted road conditions with administrative road condition survey data. Specific duties may vary.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student or recent graduate
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about working with data as demonstrated through coursework and/or other experience
- Highly detail-oriented
- Enjoys challenges and takes initiative in finding solutions
- Able to work remotely
- Student in Geographic Information System, Computer Science, Economics or other discipline(s) with a strong quantitative component
- Prior training and experience in using at least one analytical software tool such as Stata or R or Matlab or ArcGIS/QGIS or Python
- Interest in spatial/GIS analysis or machine learning
- Interest and experience in research
If you are interested, please send your applications to email@example.com before 30th April. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants who can start immediately are preferred.