ArcGIS Pro is the essential application for creating and working with spatial data on your desktop. It provides tools to visualize, analyze, compile, and share your data, in both 2D and 3D environments. Esri released version 3.0 in July 2022. See bottom of this page for notes on its compatibility issue with older versions.
This software is available to Harvard Affiliates only. Please follow the installation instruction below to download, install and authorize your license.
ArcGIS Online users may download the newest version of ArcGIS Pro installer directly from their AGOL profile. All users with a HarvardKey has an account in Harvard's ArcGIS Online Organization (harvard-cga.maps.arcgis.com).
- Login to Harvard ArcGIS Online using your HarvardKey at: https://harvard-cga.maps.arcgis.com using these instructions.
- Download the ArcGIS Pro installer using these instructions.
- At the login prompt, do NOT click "ArcGIS login", click "Your ArcGIS organization's URL" and enter harvard-cga. Then click "Continue" and "Harvard University Center for Geographic Analysis @Harvard University" to login with your HarvardKey. See https://reference.iam.harvard.edu/ for help on HarvardKey.
Since 2020, new Harvard ArcGIS Online users have ArcGIS Pro Named User License by default, including all extensions. Earlier users - If your Harvard ArcGIS Online account does not have access to ArcGIS Pro licenses, you may contact the CGA to request for them. Please enter your Harvard ArcGIS Online account ID in the request message.
For Harvard Lab Managers:
- windowsdesktop-runtime-6.0.6-win-x64.exe (required before installing ArcGIS Pro 3.0 core file)
- ArcGIS Pro 3.0 core installation file
- ArcGIS Pro 3.0 components list
- Instructions for enabling Concurrent or Single Use Licenses
- Single Use License Request Form
When using ArcGIS Pro with either the Concurrent Use or the Single Use license option, if you need to connect to ArcGIS Online to access content or tools online, you may login to your ArcGIS Online account from ArcGIS Pro following this instruction.
Note: ArcGIS Pro version 3.0 can NOT save project files in older versions' format. If you must share your project file with others who are using versions 2.9 or prior, please consider delaying your version upgrade to 3.0. Licenses are the same for versions 2.9 and 3.0.