The CGA offers GIS consultations to those with a valid Harvard ID.
Please Contact the CGA with your Research Consultation inquiries.
For a typical GIS analysis or mapping project, CGA staff meets with researchers to define their project requirements and the scope of work needed to achieve those requirements. For extended research tasks, work will be defined with a Project Specification. Based on the agreed upon Project Specification, CGA staff will make use of data provided by the researcher, or find sources for the base data needed, and undertake the data gathering, processing, analyzing, mapping or platform development tasks for the project. Finally, CGA will deliver the results in specified formats along with technical documentation.
Note that there is a fee for such research consultation, at the rate of $85/hr for Harvard affiliates * (see note below for more cost details).
As an IQSS member organization, CGA adheres to the IQSS Confidential Information Policy.
We can help you...
- Convert data from different formats
- Work with data in different projections
- Link spatial data totabular data
- Merge or disaggregate spatial datasets
Create or Edit Data
- Add and edit points, lines or polygons
- Edit table attributes
- Create and calculate new fields
- Geocode addresses or street intersections
Analyze Spatial Data
- Use overlay or proximity analysis tools
- Perform geostatistical analysis
- Perform network analysis
- Process imagery or raster data
- Set symbology and display parameters
- Create effective maps
- Render surface or 3D data
- Printing and plotting
or bring us your ideas!
* Please note that CGA provides GIS services with a flat fee of $85/hr for Harvard affiliates. Payment must be from a Harvard account (33-digit code) or a personal account of a valid Harvard ID holder. Work paid for by external funding sources are $170/hr. Harvard users with insufficient funding, especially first time users of CGA services, are encouraged to talk to us for possible discounts. We strive to satisfy all service requests but projects with sufficient funding have priority when scheduling for CGA staff time.